Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wireframe


Here is the first wireframe attempt. It's built in 3 pieces. Unfortunately I can't assemble it and view it composed in the space I'm welding. It's the under-section of a 150 year old bank barn. It was a trophy room in it's past life. After polo matches they would assemble here and have a drink & socialize. It could have been a speak-easy. It had a bar and all. Now it's crumbling while I weld, the peanut shell insulation falling on my head occasionally. The ceiling is only 6'3" and the sculpture when compete is about 8'-9'. I'll have to do the finishing outdoors.
Creating the wireframe, I wasn't comfortable with the shape it was taking but I continued anyway. I don't hate it in this photo, but as I walk around it there are angles I definitely don't like. It actually has a completely different feeling than the sketch. Maybe that's what's wrong with it.

No comments: